Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

8.5 months old


My sweet boy is now 8.5 months old. He hit some sort of growth spurt because he can no longer fit his 6-9 month sleepers. Or his 6 month onesies. Or his sleep sack!
He took three crawling steps on Christmas day and started crawling 3 days later. It was so exciting, just one moment he had it, and off he went… after my cell phone. Now its like the whole time he wasn’t crawling he was planning where he wanted to cause havoc. Like the computer cords and the bookshelf. I let him pull the books off, he seems to enjoy it. Not too much babbling yet. Just the mmmmm’s and the GAH and the KA’s with the squeals. He does give kisses which are more like a head butt into the neck and only when he is in a good mood.




He loves to look up at us to see our reaction to things. Tonight josh was giving him lots of praise for flipping down his pop up toy. And Nathan thought all he had to do was touch it to get dad to cheer. And when josh didn’t cheer he burst into tears. He is still loving the songs I’ve sang to him for ages. Ladies Ride, and Humpty dumpty. Also he is putting his arms through his shirts, he seems to understand more and more what is next. Still a gentleman with eating, his arms out to his sides. He can’t stack anything but loves to knock them down. He laughs when I laugh. Which I LOVE!! He is ticklish on his chest but he always get the hiccups. And he sneezes in the sunlight.




The winter is brutal here. And it’s only just begun.  I would love to go for long walks with him and Charlie. I went out today for all of 10 minutes and had to turn back because the wind hurt my face.  Nathan was safely tucked away under his raincover.


He cut his first tooth on Sunday. I don’t see the tooth, just the cut in the gums. I’m not sure if that is keeping him up or because his head nearly exploded during baby extravaganza the past few days.


Nathan, Garrett and Gabriel  at 8 months old


3 comments:

  1. I hope this is just a sneak peak of Nathan & Gabriel pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww new pics! Yay!! I love the picture with the little hat on! He looks like a doll, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAHHH! HEART!MELT!
    I want to hear every little thing he does and loves!!

    xoxo MSC

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.