Here Nathan is almost 8 months, and I feel like lately he is really surprising me with what he can do. I read him a story before every nap. His favorite is Eating the Alphabet by Lois Ehlert and I always read it in addition to a new book or two. I feel like I know that thing by heart: "Apricot, Artichoke, Apple, Asparagus..." But the past couple of weeks when I open the book Nathan bursts into smiles like he is seeing an old friend. We don't always make it through the book if he is very cranky, but I at least read the first couple of pages.
Then the most amazing thing happened. We were reading a touch and feel board book. And normally I take his hand and clumsily force him to stroke the page. But when I turned the page, I stroked it then he stroked it on his own. In the right spot! Now he reaches out to touch it wihtout any prompting. I think he's got the hang of this thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.