Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Update on the shudder/spasm

Update:
We got a call back from the doctor. She is doing a wait and see approach. If it does happen again, we will bring him in for a brain scan to see what the damge is.

Essentially, many signs are good. Nathan is acting normally, and he hasn't had it happen for five whole days now. The doctor said that if he does it again I can determine if it is a seizure by trying to shake him out of it. If I pick him up and he stops, then it isn't a seizure.

I am hoping that it is just nothing. A part of me says, it was nothing. But there is the gnawing in the back of my mind that says that what I saw WAS a spasm and that it will happen again and will be something serious. But hopefully that worry is normal, and doesn't mean anything.

This morning, I had my doctor's appointment, and I was going to stop at Mcdonalds for an egg and cheese biscuit. Mmmmm, I only had five minutes until breakfast was over! But I heard Nathan fussing back there and I knew waiting the drive thru would kill him. So I said "We don't need that junk anyway, do we Nathan?" and got on the highway so he could sleep. My heart swelled with love. I would do anything for this kiddo, even give up that warm buttery flakey biscuit...mmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I really hope it turns out to be nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.