The past month and a half he has been blowing raspberries like it is his job to shower the world. Sometimes cute (especially if you ask him a question and he times the blow right) and sometimes annoying (baby spit everywhere can get a little old). Yesterday, he started to do a raspberry, but stopped short. And it made a "b" sound. He looked quite perplexed, and he did it again, kinda wondering himself why he didn't decide to blow that "b" sound out into a full lipped waterboat. I laughed and cheered, my mouth hurt I was grinning so much. Then he laughed and smiled real big as he practiced his "ba"s
I realize this is such a small thing. I do. But why did it fill me up with such joy? The sleepless nights, and the fussiness and the exhaustion of being his everything suddenly compressed into this singularity: This was why I am here with him every day. So that I could soak in every single amazing thing that he does and not miss a beat. So that we could SHARE these moments together and experience the fruits of our bond.
Then I thought, holy crap, this is just the beginning. Just imagine how I will shit my pants when he says his first word.

Those Pictures are sooo cute Stefanie! I just know he'll be talking soon soon soon.
ReplyDelete