4 months
I can't remember the first day he reached from something. But now he does. He doesn't laugh too often, but it will be out of the blue. Like a weird face and sound I make will get him to make the open mouth "huh, huh". or just one HUH. The kisses on the sides of his stomach get the giggles. They still sound kinda throaty. Just a couple weeks ago he started batting at the cup that I use pour water on him during bathtime. NOw he grabs it, and I almost accidentally water boarded him yesterday. He had some sleepless nights. And some trouble going down, but the past two nights he slept through from like 10 to 7:45. It was nice! Today we took our first morning walk. He really loves being outdoors, just looking around.
Update
Nathan is over halfway through his fourth month. I can't believe how big he is getting.
He is a chubby giggly baby. Honestly, he is his father's son. Loves being outside. He could be fussy and crying in the living room and if you just step outside he gets quiet immediately. I find myself constantly out and about with him. Plus a fussy baby in Target is a lot more interesting then a fussy one in the nursery. We are trying to get into routine now that I am not working. Ideally it would look like this:
Wake at 7:30am
Nurse, diaper change, play on my lap/read story (i.e I don't fee like getting up out of the chair)
8:00am I put him in the sling and walk with him cleaning up and making breakfast
8:30 - 9 I check email and poke around on the internet while I eat. As soon as he starts to fuss in his bouncy seat..he goes back into the sling and we take charlie for a walk..
9:30 -Come home change diaper, nurse and try and get him down for a nap. This can take 20 min or an hour.
After supposed nap its about 11:20, we play while I get ready for our outing.
12:30 - 2:00 I try to be out the house. Running errands like the grocery story, post office, target. Sometimes we will walk the mall. I try my best not to buy anything.
2:30 - home for nursing, change diaper. Try for afternoon nap. If he doesn't go down by 3:30 he is a fuss monsters so I say, let's get out of here, and we go to the library and get home around 4.
Nurse and play and wait for josh to get home.
Some days he will cry all day long and will fight the sling, will fight the naps, will fight the boob, refuses to be put down. Some days he will have two or three 30min cat naps so there really isn't a break since half of that nap was while nursing. Some days he will be a perfect ball of smiles and sunshine. Occasionally he will have two 2 hour naps. Some days I think that if this was a job I would put in my 2 weeks notice. Other days we stick to the schedule, or will have lunch with a friend and I still have stuff I want to do with him before josh gets home. But most days I chuck him at his father the moment he enters the room.

Darn it!!!! I wrote a really long, thoughtful comment; but the site erased it when I hit "backspace" to correct a type-o!
ReplyDeleteMy comment was a witty aside in which I related to the good days / bad days issue you raised vis-a-vis parenting. I am not going to try and recreate it because 1. I am lazy. and 2. I am pretty sure detailing how seriously I considered duct-taping Lily to her crib for a nap, smashing the baby monitor with an over-sized mallet, and sleeping until I damn well wanted to get up; would be frowned upon by my employers and law enforcement.
Just know that I get it. And feel your pain. Yes, the joy AND the pain.
-Matt