Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nathan's Birth Story - Intro

Here I am posting this birth story to the blog which was written the week after the birth and reading it over it is amazing what I remember and what I don’t. For example, if I had to describe a contraction… it would be hard to say. It’s almost as if the moment of birthing is so in the NOW, that you can’t truly do it justice trying to recall it. It’s like trying to tell someone about a dream. You struggle for the right words to describe it, and in the end you come up short.



Still, some things stick out in my mind. I have to say that laboring without medication was the most beautiful and spiritual experience of my life. Feeling my body contract my uterus and open me up for birthing is such a rare and special feeling. I had never had such a connection with myself as a woman, as a mother, as a wife. I had never been more in touch with my instincts as a female mammal. While at times it was extremely intense, there was nothing foreign about the feeling. It was obvious that my body was made to do this, and when I let go of the doubt and fear, I found that I could just breathe through them and didn’t see the need for any intervention. But I didn’t do it alone. I shared this time with Josh, who was so supportive and had such a loving presence who believed in my ability to do this without question. He never left my side for a single minute of those 36 hours.



It wasn’t until I was in the post partum room with the lights low and no one in the room but me and josh and Nathan that I could finally drink in this new little person. I’m so excited to do it again.




The story is long so I will post in it parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.